New Year * New Place * New Plans

It is March 4, 2019, and I am finally getting a blog post up for the first time in a long time. My sister sold her house, so I have a new place for me and two of the cats: my kitten, nka Stinky, and Alice.  Although in a much smaller place, they seem pretty happy...most of the time. Stinky is still a kitten, and he does get a bit over aggressive with his Alice.  Meanwhile, she has been quite happy with the new French doors to look out and watch for geckos.  I may finally see about trying to leash train the cats since they do not have the same large space for play that they used to have.  The first time I tried the harness on Stinky he spent the whole hour trying to figure out how to remove this odd foreign body that had suddenly enveloped him. 


Cat harness awaits... 
He will sit anywhere.



I have been in the new place for about a month.  I will miss the lime tree in the backyard and the near constant sun, but I really like the new place and new opportunities that await here.  I still plan to keep on developing writing as a career. I made a lot of other plans in the past few months, most of which did not come to fruition.  It can be disappointing at times, but I am glad that I have the support of good friends.  I am quickly discovering new opportunities in my new hometown. 

Exploration


New favorite spot

Old favorite spot in the new place



As I write this, the "little" cat is cuddled up to my leg looking up at me with his big eyes.  Of course, Stinky is not really so little anymore.  Some days he lies down for a long nap and gets up looking an inch bigger.  During the day, when both cats disappear, I will sneak over and peak at the bed where they nap close by each other.  Sometimes Alice will have the look of , 'Oh no! You caught me napping near another cat.'  She knows her secret is out.  Before the move, there was one night when all three cats were gathered on or around me.  Francis was up high on my shoulder while Alice and Stinky lay on either side of me.  I miss Francis, but he is probably very happy being an only cat again.  However, he may also miss his mini-me shadow.

Last days with Francis




This is the entirety of the update for now.  I am considering reworking this blog now that I am a year in and so much has changed.  I am not even in a writing mood at the moment, but I have been busy with work. I am making myself post just to get back in the habit. 


Contentment






 

Comments

Popular Posts

Follow on Facebook