Quick Post: Moving on to the Project and other Writing Topics

A Brief Update

It has been almost a month since my last post.  After the great coffee spill on laptop of May 2nd I am finally getting caught up on work.  I still have not had a chance to get a lot of my own writing done.  Once I got my replacement computer, I have been catching up on all work I could not do on my now super slow laptop.  It works, but barely.  I already feel out of practice on maintaining the blog.  I had been posting a lot about food things happening here because that was something easy to do and get posts up every week, but there is a lot of other stuff I have been intending to write about.  That is what I need to get myself focused on now.

Posts on Current Events

Unfortunately, due to the timing of the coffee spill, I missed out on some current events in the news from the past month that I wanted to write about, but given the fact that those topics will stay relevant, I will work on some posts that I have been mulling over anyway.  In general, I am going to move away from quick food posts as the easy way to put up content, because my time is more stretched right now.  I should use my free writing time to work on some of my longer term writing projects.

But what about the food posts?

These will not disappear entirely, but I will do less of the food story posts and focus on more fully developed recipe posts.  This means fewer food posts with far less frequency.  I had started on the post for butternut agnolotti filling recipe a while back, so I might post that sometime soon. I am also working on making some more vegetarian based dishes, so some of those might pop up as fully developed recipes.  This is also going to force me to be more creative about the pictures I use on my posts.  I cannot just rely on pictures of food, so it will force me to be more creative with images too.

Creative Writing - The Project

My Patreon plans are still a go, and I am tweaking the page before I launch it. My original timeline was thrown off when the coffee spilled, but I plan to launch in June or July once I see how things shake out with my current projects. I am really excited to get the Patreon launched.  Even if I just have a few people, the point is to write and have deadlines and get stories published here or elsewhere.  Then, as the audience here grows, I hope to have writing developed on Patreon be a self-sustaining project not supplemented by other work.  I have not really made any major changes to the tier/rewards/goals plan plan since I posted about it here.

Philosophy and Other Things of Interest to Me

With my background in theology, philosophy, and law, I have a lot of thoughts to get out into the world.  There is a lot to reflect on now that I have had some more life experience post law school.  My perspective and understanding of a lot of things has developed and matured a lot in the last ten years since I finished my philosophy and theology degrees.  For example, today I was thinking about the nature of the legal professional, and how to do it well, you need to be a positivist in practice, even if you adhere to some other legal philosophy.  Positivism tended to get a bad rap when I was at FUS, but no one there needed to understand it as a matter of practicality.  This would be a fun subject to explore and develop, and there could be a whole series of posts on that.

Final Wrap-Up

So before too much time passes from when I was last able to post, I will get things going again in the next couple weeks with some creative writing bits in preparation for the Patreon launch.  I will also wax philosophical about anything that is current in my reading list and/or around events in the news. 

Onward!



Comments

Popular Posts

Follow on Facebook